Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Lighter Side of Life

This morning I woke up asking God to lighten the day. Of course the day isn't ending in peals of laughter, but here are a few highlights that remind me to (1) not be too introspective and (2) include these in my 'Blessings' journal tonight.

1. Appeals for "macanoni n cheese" while shopping
2. Red faced and fixing my shirt in the middle of Costco after my toddler pulled at my shirt loudly asking "to see...."
3. Watching Riley eat a huge hot dog with 'reds and yellows' on it and covering her face in it
4. Watching Cara knock a large Sprite off the table and all over the floor to the disdain of hurried office workers on their lunch break
5. Feeling embarrassed at my lack of lunch control while watching a mother of six boys!!!
6. Reading Cinderella to a VERY captive audience
7. Organic Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Whole Foods, is there anything better during naps?

How can I not smile at these small blessings and awkward moments? I've started recording these blessings in a journal over the last month, in response to the book "One Thousand Gifts" - which I've temporarily put down because its a little too serious for me right now. But, I love the idea of looking for God's personal gifts to me in every day life. I encourage you to do the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment