Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Grace and Peace for You

If you find the wheels of life going round and round, your life moving from one suffering or challenge to the next... If you feel stuck in the prison of a relationship with hardships and see no way out, no change in sight... If you face the insurmountable mountain of forgiving another, or the dark tunnel of uncertainty... May I pass on to you some encouragement that I received this morning and over this past month of July? They are promises from God for all those who not just believe in his existence, but who have decided to trust that he is good and in his control of all things.

He is a shield about you, the lifter of your head
He is our hiding place and shield (Psalm 119:114)
"Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting"
"(you) belong to Christ and Christ belongs to God"
"He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me."
"Do not fear. Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord... The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent."
"Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for that battle is not yours but God's."
"If you lack wisdom, ask God who gives generously."
"Put on the Lord Jesus Christ."
"Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves."
"Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God."
"So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another."
"The night is almost gone, and the day is near."
"God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God."


Psalm 119 "My soul cleaves to the dust; revive me according to Your word... My soul weeps because of grief; strengthen me according to Your word... This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your word has revived me... Before I was afflicted, I went astray, but now I keep your word... You are good, and You do good... It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes.... In faithfulness You have afflicted me, O may your lovingkindness comfort me, according to Your word to Your servant.... May your compassion come to me that I may live... If Your law had not been my delight, then I would have perished in my affliction."

"The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you, and give you peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment