Thursday, August 2, 2012

Two-Faced Wonders

Picture this: A Latina woman, born in Mexico, raised in California, talking to (me) a white woman born in the U.S. but raised in Mexico. I spoke to her in Spanish, she answered me in English; and so our conversation continued in two languages. The white girls speaking Spanish and the tan girl speaking English. Our kids swimming around us.

Moments later over lunch, the Latina family walked away. And a party of Americans loudly declared, "I don't care that they speak Spanish, but they speak it so loudly. Why can't they learn English...". I found myself shaking my head in judgment of their poor judgment. And all this right after reading this morning about leaving judging to God. God help me. Help me not judge the covers of people. Help me move toward people because Jesus did.

No comments:

Post a Comment